Having a responsive website will soon be very important, and will give your business a big edge over competitors with a non-responsive site. A responsive site provides optimal layout, view, and performance across all devices. These mobile-friendly websites deliver a rich experience by quickly responding to their environment, and adjusting screen size, platform, and orientation for the device in use. Organizations with a responsive web site reach a wider audience, and avoid the expense and duplication of work that comes with managing multiple website versions.
A responsive website will soon be essential
All websites, responsive or not, want higher visibility to organic (non-paid) web search engines. Search engine optimization (SEO) has previously been geared exclusively to desktop websites. However, due to the rising number of searches generated by mobile phone users, Google has announced that its Mobile-First Index is in the works. This means that Google will soon favor search listings based on the mobile version of a website's content.
Get ready for Google’s Mobile-First Index
While Mobile-First Index is still in the testing phase, Google has previously stated that, in the future, content which is not mobile-friendly will not rank as high.
You can prepare for the Google’s Mobile-First index by:
- Having a responsive website.
- Ensuring that your site loads its web pages quickly.
- Making sure that your website’s most important headings (H1s) contain essential keywords.
- Testing the mobile-friendliness of your website by using the fetch and fender tool in the Google Search Console. Choose the mobile smartphone user-agent and look at the preview after the fetch and render is complete. What Google shows you in the rendered results will give you a good idea of what its web crawlers can see. If key content is missing, you should make changes to your mobile site.
Need a responsive website?
AllianceTek’s expert Application Developers have worked with many businesses to build new responsive websites, and to convert non-responsive websites into responsive ones. From the beginning of a project, they plan a development roadmap based upon your unique goals, and will develop a mobile-friendly website that works flawlessly on any and all devices.
- All websites created by AllianceTek are responsive, as a standard.
- The design team at AllianceTek has expertise in creating responsive websites using major frameworks such as Bootstrap, Foundation, Skeleton and Zebra.
AllianceTek: Empowering Custom Software Development to help businesses thrive.
Since 2004, AllianceTek has been providing project-based, end-to-end Custom Software Development Services, with extensive experience in building mobile, cloud, and web solutions. Our core expertise lies in building IT Business Solutions based on leading technologies and platforms, such as Salesforce, Microsoft .NET, Microsoft SharePoint, iOS, Android, and many others. We also offer Technology Assessment Services.
For more information, please visit our official AllianceTek website.